Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Growing in Unity Day 2: Christmas Card

Today's project is still related to Christmas. I made a card with a "door" that opens to show a Christmas tree. I used some stamps from the Simple Christmas set as well as some stickers that I have in my stash.

The creases on the red cardstock were created with the help of Scor-Pal. To close the "door", I used the small magnets from Basic Grey, one part is placed behind the holly border and another is placed behind the Christmas tree die cut.

I also used some red masking tape to join the "door" to the red frame.


 





Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to comment to get a chance to win two Itty Bitty stamps of your choice. See you tomorrow.

Supplies:
-Kraft card base from Michael's
-White woodgrain and red cardstock
-Unity Simple Christmas stamp st
-Christmas tree die-cut (made using PTI's die, thanks Kristi!)
-Jolee's stickers
-Baker's twine, red masking tape
-Basic Grey's mini magnets
-Versafine Spanish Mosh, Crimson Red
-Red Spica pen

19 comments:

  1. I love the door and how you hid the magnets. This is very cleverly done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome idea! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun card! Love the door and the decorated tree! Great idea and a very special card!
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO cute! Love that embossed door and the Christmas tree behind it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh this is genius! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anna, This is a really NEAT CARD. I love the way you decorated the tree. NICE JOB!
    With Love Judi

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is sooo cool! I love how the door opens to the Christmas scene. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - that is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the christmas tree scene! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!
    How clever is this card!
    Totally Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card. What a great surprise that the door opens.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks great! I need to get me a scor-pal! I really love how interactive this is, such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is great. Even better than that door is the awesome scene you created inside! I may need to recreate this card for myself : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great way to use your Scor-pal! I never thought to make a door with score lines!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful interactive card! Great idea and beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful idea! I like the score lines on the door.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful!! Love how you did this card~~

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW what a surprise. I was enjoying your lines, and then WOW, a surprise. LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I thought your card was adorable and then scrolled down and saw that the door opened onto a super cute, fun scene and WHOA, this card is amazing!

    ReplyDelete