Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Love 2 Remember This Happy Day

I decided to make a layout for my wedding bouquet. This is also my entry for Studio Calico Pop Off the Page Challenge for week 1.




This layout is made using mostly the paper from My Mind's Eye. Using an exacto knife, I made a slit around the typewriter so that I could slip in the picture. For each pattern paper pieces that I used for layering, I added a hand-drawn border. I added some journaling around the photo frame.

I used various stamps for this layout. I stamped some white chevron on the black pattern paper.  Three different heart stamps were used to create the heart tag. Finally, I used Technique Tuesday Typewriter Alphabet stamp set for the layout title.


I added some sequins to the black tulle added behind the typewriter image. I wrapped around a red jute around the typewriter and stuck a flair button. Behind the "Remember This" phrase, I used some washi tape which I stuck to a white paper and then cut. The combination of the flair, the title and the sentiment that comes from the base cardstock read "Love to Remember This Happy Day".


Supplies:
-My Mind's Eye Lost & Found II paper
-Stamps from Studio Calico Pop Off the Page class, Close to My Heart "It's Your Day" set, Technique Tuesday "Just My Type" set.
-Tulle, My Mind's Eye Washi from the "Indie Chic" line, American Crafts red jute, daisy vintage trim, flat back pearls, embellishments from Studio Calico Pop Off the Page class.
- VersaColor ink, PTI ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment