Thursday, August 28, 2014

Dot Stamping

I created a card as an entry to Taheerah's Cure For The Monday Blues challenge.

The inspiration photo for this week's challenge is "Bed's Eye View"

I was inspired by the purple bouquet, the gold/copper lamp, the giant button on the bedside table as well as the square pillow at the bottom left corner of the photo.

The white pillow texture reminded me of dot painting somehow. So I tried to make my own version of dot painting. I used purple, white and gold colors for my card.

 

I used the rose stamps from PTI Rosie Posie set, the leaf stamps from Ruby Rose. The sentiment and tag image are from Avery Elle's Thanks a bunch set.

I first stamped the rose images using a light purple ink on die cuts created using the matching die set for PTI Rosie Posie set. Using a darker ink, I used a very small dot stamp from Mama Elephant's Water Bloom set to fill in the rose shape. I did the same thing with the leaves.

For the card base, I used an embossed card from DCWV. I adhered a piece of dark purple cardstock on the center. I colored the edges of the card as well as the edges of the dark purple square using Wink of Stella Gold marker.

I assembled the pieces using some dimensional adhesive and added some gold glitter die cuts made using PTI Circle Scribbles die. I added some chunky glitters to the flowers as well.

To finish the card, I added a bow, a purple button and the sentiment tag. 

Supplies:
- PTI Rosie Posie, Ruby Rose stamp sets
- PTI Circle Scribbles die
- Mama Elephant's Water Bloom set
- Avery Elle Thanks a Bunch
- PTI cardstock, DCWV Card base
- Wink of Stella Gold marker
- Stampin' Up and Amuse Ink pads
- DCWV Glitzy cardstock
- Wow! Glitter


1 comment:

  1. Such an eyecatching and totally cool technique - I can't stop staring at this!! Love all your layering to create the bouquet, and those touches of gold beneath! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

    ReplyDelete